JOURNEY II – Preoperative Procedures
This section will give you a brief overview of the activities that will occur on the day of surgery:
- You will be admitted to the hospital, typically the morning of your surgery.
- A final assessment of vital signs will be taken.
- A clean hospital gown will be provided.
- An IV will be started to give you fluids and medication during and after the procedure.
- An elastic stocking may be provided to decrease the likelihood of blood clots.
- You will be asked to empty your bladder.
- All jewelry, dentures, contacts, and nail polish must be removed.
- The surgical leg will be scrubbed and shaved in preparation for surgery.
- The anesthesiologist will discuss the type of anesthesia that will be used.
- You will be taken into the operating room.
All information provided on this website is for information purposes only. Please see a healthcare professional for medical advice. If you are seeking this information in an emergency situation, please call 911 and seek emergency help.
All materials copyright © 2015 Smith & Nephew, All Rights Reserved.